Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DIY Lined Curtains

When the cat is away, the mice will play. Or in my case, when my husband is away, I DIY!  My husband was out of town last weekend so I decided to tackle making curtains for my woMan Cave. 


You may remember the fabric from my woMan Cave mood board.  I fell in love with it after seeing Jennifer use it on her dining room chairs.  It was the kickstart I needed to tackle this space.
 
Jennifer was also kind enough to point me in the direction of this fabulous tutorial for professionally lined curtains.  It seemed easy enough that I was willing to try.
 

Now, for those of you wondering, I don't sew.  My only sewing experience is a button and patch in 7th grade home economics and those probably weren't very good.  Although I would like to learn how to sew, I am not ready to make that investment on a machine I don't know how to use.  That is a project for another day.
 
So when the best bloggers in all of blogland used heat bond sewing tape for their daughter's bedroom curtains I was sold.  If it is good enough for them it is definitely good enough for me.  Best of all, if I had not shared this little secret with you, you would never even be able to tell.  Even my husband said "Who's machine did you use?"

 
These are real deal curtains people!  They are even lined (with twin flat sheets from Walmart)!
 

Most importantly, they were easy to make and I think they are awesome!  They really do look great and totally pop against the emerald green accent wall.  The woMan Cave is progressing and I hope to show you more of it in the coming weeks.
 
Now I am thinking I can just make curtains for every room in my house. :)
 
Lisa


Today's Creative Blog
House on the Way


Embracing Change

The 36th AVENUE












Don't miss out! Enter your email address to subscribe:

No comments:

Post a Comment