Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Antiques & Garden Show

This weekend my husband and I attended the Blue Grass Trust Antiques and Garden Show.  We loved it and hope to make it an annual tradition.


I forgot to take pictures until we were halfway through, but here is a little of what we saw.

 
This was a room staged by an interior design company.  I like the rug, the green velvet chair, the greek key X-bench (in front of the chest), and the black and gold side table just to name a few.
 


 
This booth belonged to a garden iron company.
I really liked those black iron posts on the left, but they were a little pricey.
 


I think this sofa would be perfect for the screened-in porch I dream about!
 


Lots of symmetry going on in this interior design exhibit.
We liked that cute little striped sofa.
 


This pretty gal came home with us. 
She is the cutest little orchid in the tiniest little pot.
 


I have been crushing on terrariums for a while now.  I thought about trying to make my own with some succulents, but with two green black thumbs I had been procrastinating.  Then I saw these ready made beauties.
 

 
They are loving their new home in our sunroom.



My favorite part is the little white trim around the violets
(and that I didn't have to put it together).
 


There was a separate room full of amazing antiques.  I didn't take any pictures in there, but here are a few of the things that came out of that room with us........
 
A 2 & 1/2 pound wooden barbell.  Can you imagine going to a gym and lifting wooden weights?!  It is the perfect addition to my husband's vintage athletic equipment.
 

These decanter tags are unlike any I have ever seen. 
They are enamel over copper and have gorgeous color.
 

 
Most antique decanter tags that I have seen are made of sterling silver,
but these tags date back to the 1800s.

 
We had the best time and could have spent a TON money.  There were some really great antiques there.  I am already saving up for next year!
 
Lisa

Don't miss out! Enter your email address to subscribe:

1 comment:

  1. Did you see my sister from the Beehive there? It's always a beautiful show, glad you all enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete