Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Painted Stairs and Handrail

Some of you might think I have already forgotten all about those goals and resolutions I made at the beginning of the year because I haven't really told you about any progress I have made.  Well, things really are getting done around here and I have a small reveal for you today to prove it.

The stairs have gotten a facelift.  Here is what they looked like before......



And after several coats of paint, this is what they look like now.......




Walls: Coqui by Devine (color matched by Sherwin-Williams)
Handrail: Urban Bronze by Sherwin-Williams
Risers: Greenbelt by Sherwin-Williams

It seems to be much more common for people to paint the treads of their stairs instead of the risers.  In fact, most of the pictures I found on the internet were of black painted treads.  I decided to leave our treads the original wood finish because it matches the hardwood floors throughout the rest of our house.  Plus, if I ever get tired of the bold color in the future it will be much easier just to repaint the risers than the treads.

I hadn't really even thought about painting the handrail until after I finished the stairs, but I am so glad I did.  I think it adds a great element of contrast to the whole area.




What do you think?  It is definitely an improvement!  Have you ever painted your stairs?

Lisa









Photobucket

Don't miss out! Enter your email address to subscribe:

1 comment:

  1. I think they looked better before. Stripping and staining them would have been an improvement, IMO... But you did a nice job applying the paint.

    ReplyDelete